Tuesday 22 March 2011

biggest fear


I was inspired by someone else's blog about their greatest fear. I thought this would make them feel better, my biggest fear is the Atlantic ocean. Why not the pacific? Idk.. but I have nightmares about the Atlantic. I can't finish the movie Titanic without nightmares, now I know this sounds crazy because well it is. I don't plan on taking a boat to england anytime soon, but the truth is even if I won a free trip I'd have to give it away. Even the thought of a cruise makes me nervous. It's the depth of the ocean that scares me. The cold water, the feeling of isolation in something vast, maybe my dreams are trying to tell me something larger than the ocean. I can never even think about going to europe because the plane would have to fly over the ocean.. I'm fucked because I'm a history major, it is my dream to see the world and it's ancient artifacts.
I know that the open water without view of land across or dept below is what really is the terrifying part. Am I afraid to be alone? or is that fact that if you are stranded in the atlantic there is no surviving? I don't think it's being alone because I treasure being alone. Solitude is my haven. So I regress, why the ocean?

I tried to figure out dream interpretation this is what I found..
All life originated in the ocean. Especially in Jungian interpretation, this is a place of creativity, fertility, and birth. There is also a lingering sense humans have of rising up out of the collective origins of life in the oceans. It is easy to see the Darwinian influence of these ideas. More importantly, it is easy to see the lack of connection some dreamers could have with this approach to dream interpretation.
To dream of seeing the ocean so shallow as to allow wading, or a view of the bottom, signifies prosperity and pleasure with a commingling of sorrow and hardships.

so I am destined for a hardhship life but I will prosper? GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment