Saturday 26 March 2011

Selfless to criminal

"Same sword they knight you with,they're gonna good night you with". All to often I feel this quote holds true in my life. My interpretation of it is that people will praise you for your consistent upstanding behavior or achievement by they will also scrutinize and eliminate your relevance when they feel like it. I'm very aware that in life we all experience scenarios in which we are the "knight" and for some, consciously or unconsciously playing the "good nighter"

In my personal life I feel as is my extremely selfless attitude has often times gained the trust of others but Ive also seen it become something people begin to feel entitled to. Many times people cannot accept our imperfect human being make-up when they feel they're being deprived of something by someone. I believe that as a result of this I often become a bad guy to some people when I choose to simply opt to somewhat selfish in opposed to selfless. After recently taking an extensive look into the results of trying to satisfy others needs while making own a 2nd priority, Ive found I am now voided in some areas in my life. It's put me in a place where I'm now faced with situations that require a level of selflessness that I'm usually able to give but cannot because I feel I've deprived myself of so much in the past.

While I'd like to feel a sense of resentment towards those who I've sacrificed for I know that ultimately it was my choice and in many respects don't regret being a selfless individual. I know now though that any forward movement and progress in my life will have to come with some level of selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment