Tuesday 29 March 2011

The Stony Brook Phone Call

This undergrad calls me to ask for money to donate to the "Parents for Students" Donation, where my parents-> The struggling minorities, are to donate what little money they have to a school where we already pay full tuition because we aren't poor enough for financial aid. This isn't the first time I have been called from Stony Brook asking for a DONATION. So I say to the girl on the line.. "I am sure you have some sort of list that you scroll down and call each one, speaking to parents, asking for their hard earned money, now can you get me off of it?" She says "NO, I would have to speak with your parent, so I won't get in trouble with my supervisor" I decide to be an asshole. I know what your thinking, its not her fault.. but you know what she decided to take on this awesome job for whatever student council club memeber she is and I have a gut feeling this chick on the phone's parents have donated a hefty fund to our "PARENTS FOR STUDENTS" little donation club. So I ask her.. Are you midterms? she replies.. yes. I responde with "Thats great so am I, and you would you like to know what I was doing before you called?" She replied ..okay. "I was studying for my midterms. You know.. it's 8:35pm on a tuesday night, and I have to study because I don't have the time to volunteer for useless clubs where I solicit parents for money, because I have to work two jobs." She responds "okay I get".. I say "do you get it? really? really? cause I have the feeling that you may call me again." She goes to say "Well, I can't take you off the list because my supervis-" I hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment