Monday 21 March 2011

A bit OCD

I like things to be clean, neat and organized. If I see my room a mess, I would put down everything and tidy it up even if takes away an hour of my time. If the table is dirty for example, food residues from your late dinner, I would do a wipe down on it and tilt my head to the side to make sure I got all of it. Since it is my own mess, I’ll clean it up but living with other people poses a problem for me.

Living in a suite, I can’t expect everyone to be like me but there is a thing called common courtesy to clean up after yourself whether that be in the kitchen, living room, or bathroom. There are other people besides you who use the same facilities as you. Every day I go into the kitchen and see the table full of bread crumbs and some sticky stuff and on the counter, more crumbs and questionable dried liquids from some tried meat or something. The sink strainer is clogged with whatever gets poured away from the pots and making it difficult for the water to go down. Oh and the stovetop is an eyesore – pasta sauce, oil, and pieces of vegetables, which some fall into the burner and it starts ‘cooking’; I am already imagining the fire alarm going off.

In most cases I would end up cleaning up some of it and sometimes use my own cleaning supplies to get rid of it if it isn’t nasty looking. I would see it come back once again the next day or less and I know who it is. Even when I’m in the same place as them, they just turn the blind eye and leave it for the next person to take care of it. It pisses me off sometimes. I sometimes can’t help but clean after them because I use that area a lot and would like it to be sanitary the next few days. I am not your personal maid. You’re not in your parents’ house anymore where they pick up after you. You can’t pretend it is not there when it is obviously staring at you in the face. If you get sick because of those disgusting residues, I would just laugh and say to myself, “serves you right”.

No comments:

Post a Comment