Tuesday 22 March 2011

Comedy of Errors


I thought I would just let you guys in on how the show was.. It was good overall. I mean using Shakespearean language in drag definitely through me off. The scene was very hipster cool. The guys were dressed awesome, the girls..eh I mean they looked artsy but a skirt made of ties was just weird. The place itself is very strange. The theatre is decaying and clearly under construction. The seating is like being a roller coaster, it kind of feels like your going to fall off but its they way the theatre is built. The theatre itself is like leaning forward, i don't know how to explain it, the seat are made steeply high.
Anyways on to the show itself there were times when they people around me were laughing..ridiculously hard.. I had no idea what was going on sometimes. I mean out of nowhere there was religious singing and man running by with a firecracker in his ass.<-- seriously a real a firecracker in his butt.. naked. Now I don't think I didn't laugh because it wasn't funny but the scene was very highbrow, intellectual and artsy. Long Islanders aren't built for such cool, not this one anyways. I think I might stick to shows that take a more serious tone or the ballet, not to say the show wasn't great just maybe not my style. I DO recommend everyone to go see a show at BAM.. its ..well different. It felt good to leave the island! also recommend down the road, about two streets down, there is a Thai restaurant named National.. the place has no sign on the outside so you have to look for it.. but its amazing and cheap!

BAM SITE
http://www.bam.org/view.aspx?pid=2651
Imagine you’re on an island, unaware that your twin brother is there as well. Imagine further that your brother’s wife mistakes you for him—but not before you’ve tried to seduce his wife’s sister. Add to this marvelously byzantine mix the gender-bending antics of Edward Hall’s inimitable all-male Shakespeare troupe, Propeller, and you have The Comedy of Errors for the ages: effervescent, irreverent, and deliciously convoluted.

No comments:

Post a Comment