Sunday 27 March 2011

Post Secrets Event

This Friday, Stony Brook students held an event called Post Secrets. It was a funny and emotional experience for me. Some of the secrets were funny and silly and some of them were depressing. I went with my two friends and one of them actually had a secret. She saw her card posted up on the wall and she burst into tears. Her secret was that she felt homesick and cries herself to sleep at night even though she enjoys her friends who surround her all the time. I felt so bad for her because she is really a sweet girl and I wish I had money to give her so that she can go to her home in Rome, NY. There were some secrets that would make you want to change the world and some will probably make you want revenge on those who have hurt you. The ones that stood out to me were the people who were molested and those who had to either got an abortion or gave their child up for adoption. I can imagine what it’s like to have to go through this pain. It’s not easy for anyone to go through this. I’m glad that people did share their secrets because I think it’s a sigh of relieve that they were able to share a secret that’s been killing them inside. It’s not easy to hold these secrets in and be the most joyous person in a crowd of people. I hope for those who went to or participated in this event realized that they are not alone in this world of hurt that there are others. I hope people realize that before they judge someone about how the look they should consider what they are going through or dealt with in their lives. What has happened to them in the past for them to present themselves like this in the present?

No comments:

Post a Comment