Monday 21 March 2011

What she wants

We met under the most common of circumstances. "hey this is my friend ___________ ". The typical cordial meeting between two people with a mutual friend. She showed no real interest aside from the prototypical courtesy bestowed when meeting someone new. I went along with my life as usual,and she did as well. The occasionally passing on campus resulted in a hello and goodbye on most occasions, but on this day in which I returning to campus from a weekend spent with apple of my eye at the time, an usual hi and bye, had been eclipsed by a hi which led to adjacent seating on the LIRR which further escalated to a full fledged conversation lasting the length of the ride.

Fast forward some months to winter break, the apple of my eye showed some rotting and she capitalized on it completely. Our LIRR rendezvous had sense grown to late night conversations on AOL instant messenger (AIM) even though phone numbers had been exchanged. Its as though AIM served as the intermediary of things to come. Never did i imagine though that it would lead to me dismissing the apple of my eye. Little did i know though that the dismissal would be followed by her denial of mutual feelings. I would later learn that she too had an apple of her own eye that I was unaware of but she claimed he was no longer present. Slightly detoured the latter revelations summer break came and with that I rekindled connections with my once rotted apple. Unfortunately time proved that apple should have remained rotten and with that retained relevance.

Another fast forward places us in the present. Her persistence and consistency has kept her around but she fails she understand pass experiences have soured my outlook on having anymore apples of my eye. There is an unsung tension every time we spend time an sometimes it comes to a head a nasty argument. Does she not understand that the ideology of being "single" entitles me to do what I want with out the repercussions of a relationship or has the modern day female eliminated to idea of dating from her mind? and as result makes her feel she entitled to the same confines of a relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment