Monday 21 March 2011

that thing

Well, to address the name of this post, I couldn't really think of the correct name so I named it "that thing." I am referring to that thing Professor was doing during the interview today with all the hand motions. It had to do with being able to acquire information essentially instantaneous (in this case it was described as being able to pull up and wipe away information with a quick hand gesture). At first when this idea was proposed to us, I knew that I thought it was ridiculous ( I'm sure a lot of other people felt this way as well.)

But upon further consideration, I quickly realized that maybe this idea is not as far-fetched of a concept as we may think. Sure, the obscure hand gestures may have been a bit much. But other than that, it seems possible, and maybe even expected. Right now, the most popular form of social media is probably twitter. Twitter is basically a status update network where people update their statuses from whereever they want to and everyone who follows them is able to receive this information right away. Basically, it's a real time network.

The idea that was presented to us in class today is pretty much a more technologically advanced, but similar concept as twitter. You have to assume that the way that technology is increasing at an exponential rate nowadays that the idea of being able to view someone's information whenever you want to by simply swiping is not too foreign. In fact, I would venture off to say that people are working on such a technology right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment