Monday 28 March 2011

into ashes;

there, i lie.

on my back, wearing my gunmetal faux leather jacket and dark denim jeans. tousled hair, and a look of despair through tired, restless eyes. a fatigued body resting in the remnants of the last year's grass which is now nothing but cold, barren dirt and dying shrubbery. the weeds that settled between my fingers felt like they were waiting to disintegrate into charred fragments.

and as i looked upwards at the sky that burned a deep crimson color, i imagined the luminous clouds mocked my unfortunate fate. i drew a single teardrop and could shed no more; one lonely teardrop to parallel my lonely existence.

every particle of my mortal being was stripped of life. but, with an exacerbated sigh, i pushed enough air through my lungs to whisper, "why?"

i waited for something, anything - an echo, perhaps. yet, as per usual, no response. not even so much as the faint cries of some distant bird. so instead, i started closing my now heavy eyelids to listen to the deafening silence. "is this the end?", i wondered before drifting softly into obscurity.

No comments:

Post a Comment