Monday 21 March 2011

Butt Dialing

I am sure all of you have received a call from your friend and when you pick up, all you hear are background noise of wherever they are (outside, bathroom, and so on) and when you tried to say their name, there’s no response. And it doesn’t just happen just once. It can happen 3 or 4 times, leaving you a very long voice mail of background noise that can last for a good few minutes. It gets pretty irritating when you constantly receive a call from the same person and all you do is hang up knowing it will not be the caller’s voice.

My dad is the culprit for most of the butt dialing. His cellphone is the one with the exposed keypad and if he forgets to lock it, any pressure placed on his bag the phone somehow goes straight to dialing the last person you made the call. I get calls from him even when we are within a few feet from each other. This past weekend, all of my relatives and I were having a fun time chit chatting and then we got interrupted by my uncle who got a call from his sister to tell my dad to stop calling her son (my cousin). I already knew that it had to be the unlocked keypad and he happened to be leaning on his bag behind him. Then my brother checked his phone and he got a missed call from my cousin and I suddenly went to check my phone and missed a call and text from him. My other cousins also received missed call from him. We were all like, wow he tried to call all of us to tell my dad to get off the phone but we were too busy talking to notice our phones went off. The text I got from my cousin was, “tell you dad to stop butt dialing me”. Oh god it was hilarious and it was a coincidence that we were on that topic.

Anyways, long story short, always keep your keypad lock. I’m pretty sure my cousin was pretty annoyed that his phone wouldn’t stop going off and he wouldn’t get other callers because of my dad. I would be too though I had my share of butt dialing, well more like basket dialing because I had the shopping basket against my pocket and my phone happened to be faced with the buttons exposed so I made one mistake call. One day, when you have to get desperate help from someone and you call that person, they won’t pick up your calls because of all the butt dialing abuse you did to them before.

No comments:

Post a Comment