Monday 28 February 2011

Things Change

I am in my junior year at college and a lot has changed since my freshman year. My two best friends from high school, Rebecca and Gina go here to Stony Brook as well. For a while we were having a blast, we always had been so close and never in a million years thought anything would come between us. We made new friends of course but they were "our" friends. We would also compare our friendship to others and say , "there just not like us". Since we were getting older and still were just as close it did not seem that something like a boy would get in between. I have been dating my boyfriend for 5 years now . His name is Justin. Justin has always been close with my friends and we always hung out with his friends. My best friend Gina began to date one of his last year. At first it was cool because we could all hang out and he lives up the street from my boyfriend. My friend Rebecca did not approve , and rightfully so. The guy is a total dirt bag. I accepted because it was my fault she ever met him and it is true , you cant help who you love. Justin , Pat, Gina and I would all hang out together and Rebecca would grow resentful. Eventually I had a falling out with her boyfriend and Gina and Pat fell off the face of the earth. Now I can't stand to be around them. I am convinced she is brainwashed. My boyfriend and I can see his house from the street when we drive by to go somewhere and I will see her car and it hits me that my "best friend" is up the street and I had no idea... this is strange because our boyfriends live 40 mins away from us. Anyway I know she is not happy with no friends and it makes me really sad that this all happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment