Monday 28 February 2011

Vitamins, Sleep, & Exercise

Last semester it was very difficult for me to stay awake. Let alone the fact that I was taking 7 classes, 2 math courses, 3 sciences courses, 1 DEC, and 1 engineering course, and constantly trying to squeeze all my work into the wee hours of the day. Time management was hard for me and my lack of sleep left me in a terrible mood. I was cranky, irritable, and moreso depressed.

That's why I'm so glad that this semester has been a brand new start. I sleep an average of 7 hours per night, except on days where I'm pushing myself to complete many different tasks for different classes. Alongside with my fixed sleeping schedule, I've also been supplementing vitamin tablets into my daily diet. I didn't think it would really do anything for me at first, but since I've been continually taking my vitamins, I've been more alert in class and energized for other tasks throughout my day.

While I've been skipping out on exercise, I still try to make a trip to the gym every now and then to keep my body in shape, and my mind mentally focused. It's hard to work up a sweat at first but once you get into gear, working out is rewarding in so many ways.

I honestly never thought that sleep, vitamins, and exercise would affect my life so adversely. I somehow convinced myself that sleep wasn't as important as getting my work done until I realized that I would be getting my work done more efficiently if I had slept better! I've had trouble with staying alert all throughout high school, and I wasn't succeeding as much as I'd like to during my first few semesters at college. Finally, I'm getting myself back on track and will be making a big comeback for this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment