Sunday 27 February 2011

I should be asleep right now



A few month's ago I decided that I would hold a free sketches event on my deviantart account. However I had to then put on facebook as I came to the sad conclusion that not that many people watch me. So I posted a note detailing of my free sketches event and that the first ten people to comment would receive a free sketch from me. To be honest it's a little redundant considering my drawings have always been free ( though if one wanted to pay me out of the kindness of their heart, who am I to say no?). Anyway I got a few people saying they were interested but that was it.

I actually had to ask several times if people wanted in. It wasn't until I had finally gotten ten people that I got around to doing the free sketches. At first I got a few comments here and there. It wasn't until I drew my section leader that I actually heard from other's saying how good my drawings were. While I was flattered I did not let it go to my head as I could point at certain mistakes, but it made me happy nonetheless.

As my sketches went on that more people started to ask me to draw them. I said yes, though it slowly grew and grew. It finally got to a point where I now have 14 requests that I have to do now. What makes it worse is that I haven't finished my original 10 yet and now I have these requests as well as the assignments for my art class. I guess I need to find time to finish these things before the semester is over. Once all is finished I can finally draw in ease without having my stomach turn at the thought of sacrificing one drawing for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment