Sunday 27 February 2011

Midterms

Not ready for them, enough said. Ever since entry to stony I feel that the term "midterm" has been excessively used. Can't it just be an exam? I mean the concept of a midterm is an exam taken in the the middle of the semester so wouldn't having 2 midterms diminish it's meaning?

The fact that it's called a midterm just causes a more psychological panic than the fact the it's another exam before the final one. Although these exams are important, is it really necessary to coin these exams as midterms thus causing students to break down before the exams? Many of my other friends that are attending other universities always question why I'm already taking my midterm when it's only 1-2 months into the new semester.

The thing about the first midterm is that we're being tested on the introductory chapters of a subject. How much material have we actually covered to even test us so early into the semester. I probably only had 3-4 homeworks due before the first "midterm". I feel that it would be best to take the term "midterm" more literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment