Sunday 27 February 2011

___________.

Dear _________,

To me, there are only certain times when you actually “I love you” and mean it. The phrase is always being thrown around without meaning, yet when I say it to you, I feel like there’s a sincere meaning to it from my heart.

I lost you _______. To this day, it’s just so hard to let you go. Especially you _______. Just everything we’ve been through.

Christmas Eve. That was the last time I saw you. Yet, I remember it clearly. I handed you the bag and your face lit up. That was your present to me. Just to see someone you truly love be so happy for something you did out of love is worth more than anything. The morning was busy. I skimmed through our several months of conversations and our emails. I remember printing pages and pages and cutting out pieces of our conversation. I found everything you’ve told me you’ve loved. Expensive or not, my heart rushed to find everything on the list. When you love someone, you would go to the end of the world just to satisfy them. Sadly, limits are applied in this world. My heart sunk a little as I walked up to you because I couldn’t get you everything on the list. Each step towards you had a mix of tremble and anxiousness. Every breath I took followed the same pace as my heartbeat. Yet, you still accepted the present with gratitude.

All I wanted to do was show you how much I loved you. I waited so long, hoping that something would happen, yet nothing did. Sleep became scarce and eating became a problem since all my attention was focused on you. I tried running away, but I would just see you everywhere I turned.

At one point I thought all was well until I met her. Julie. Everything soon started to crumble. Ever since that first kiss Julie laid on me, you drifted off of my mind. I just gave her all my attention, hoping that it would help me get over you. It gave my momentary relief, but soon it hit me hard again when I found out. You found someone else. That’s when I, once again, started longing for you. You don’t realize how much you love someone until they’re actually gone. I realized that I really lost you cause you found the perfect one.

I realized the mistake I made. I left the one person I truly loved for someone I used in order to run away from my feelings. To this day, you’re still with that someone. I know I should feel a bit of happiness for you, yet all I feel is regret. I guess all I can do is just try to let you go. Our chances grew slimmer as the days pass.

So goodbye _________. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done. In all honesty, you were the perfect girl for me. You were everything I ever wanted in a girl. You were independent, somewhat unique, had such an amazing imagination, has such a great sense of humor, and you proved to me that you were ‘perfect.’

“True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends.

Letting go is one way of saying I love you”
- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment