Monday 28 February 2011

Renaissance Man

As a child I noticed that I had a lot on my mind. It wasn’t until a couple years ago when I started to write poetry. The type of poetry that made one think, think deeper than they sought to. The way to explain my poems is a crossbred between Def Poetry, Spoken Word, and a hint of everyday situation. My work hasn’t gone on display to all but only to a choice few. Few that can appreciate as well as throw back constructive criticism when needed.
I call my type of poems “Deep Nonsense.” Dependent on the reader my poems could be more about nothing, or a lot about something. I know most think poetry is maybe not the most masculine thing to do, but its one of the few hobbies I have. I think of myself as the present day Renaissance man, due to the fact that I like art, music, poetry, and creativity of the past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment