Sunday 27 February 2011

Cats and Curses


As I am running out of ideas for blog entries, I think I’ll tell you the story of how I got my pet cat. This story starts with how I lost my old cat to something of a curse. More like shit luck than a curse I guess. It seems that every time my family goes on vacation, which is not often, one of our pets dies while we are away. I’m not sure if it’s due to poor timing, or irresponsible pet sitters, but during our second most recent vacation (which was actually like four years ago) both our cat and our dog died within a week of each other. The dog had to be put down by our grandparents who were house sitting, and the cat died few days after our return. Our next cat found us by chance. He started out as a stray that would visit us from time to time and eventually was welcomed into our house, remaining primarily an outdoor cat. Well a few days before we were scheduled to leave for our latest vacation, this past summer, this cat became ill. My sister stayed behind to look after him, take him to the vet, and aid his recovery. But there was no saving him. On the night we were driving back home my sister called me to say that she had found a new kitten and didn’t know how to tell our father. Well we got home at around midnight and I came in the door all ready to be angry with my sister for getting a new cat so soon without asking us. But when I got in, what I found was a tiny little kitten far to small and cute to be angry around. Next time we go on vacatoin, we’ll take the cat with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment