Tuesday 26 April 2011

Work out progress

More progress today. I’ve finally managed to start being able to hoop around the chest with the arms down. It’s still far from perfect; I can barely keep the momentum going for more than a few rounds. But progress nonetheless. I can kind of do it starting with hoop around neck and bringing in the shoulders, as well as from hooping around the waist and bringing the hands in and lifting the hoop up to the chest.
I never thought I’d develop so many bruises from hula hooping. My left shoulder has a bruise that I keep worsening by continuing to hit the hoop on it when trying to time the shoulder movement into the hoop. At one point I had a pretty bad bruise on my middle finger’s middle knuckle. I joked and told people I got it from flipping too many people off; when in actuality it was from attempting a lift of the hoop from waist to over the head.
Hooping as an added cardio routine to my work out has been a positive decision. I find it very therapeutic and relaxing. Time flies as I hoop as well. It’s a full body workout as everything is basically in motion. My lack of flexibility has become a recent concern of mine and I’ve also incorporated daily stretches before and after hooping as well between sets in the gym. Overall, I feel better lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment