Wednesday 27 April 2011

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Earlier today I sat atop the Staller Steps as I munched on a sandwich, watching a large group of students play a friendly albeit competitive game of football. The weather was particularly nice, although the grey sky cast down across the buildings and landscape, leaving no trace of direct sunlight shining down.
I then started to think about all those personal problems, thoughts and memories we all ponder over in our private free time. But I also looked about my surroundings and couldn't help but listen to the passing conversations of other students.
Against my better judgement I began to think about the sad things that accompany life, the sky doing well in fueling those emotions; society in general, social predicaments, attitudes towards one another, becoming old, etc.
As I thought about how sad and depressing life can be, I also thought about how happy and joyful it can get; music, the green, vibrant plants, the sun, laughter.
I put those thoughts together, and was surprised to see that, at least in my mind, things seemed to balance out.
It was actually a pretty interesting thought process, and I discovered how life is filled with both butterflies and hurricanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment