Saturday 23 April 2011

Religon

As human beings we naturally seek to understand time space and other phenomena. Before science and reason, the unknown was explained theologically through religon. Religon has sunk its roots deep in society and is here to stay despite scientific findings that contradict its concepts. All scientific theories have risen from religon. Without religon their would be no ideas to begin with.
One thing that science cannot explain or prove wrong is what happens after we die. Is their really a heaven or hell? That is an unknown that even the most logic and scientific person still contenplates in his mind.Non-believers may say that when we pass that is all our cycle is done and nothing comes after it. It is hard to imagine that people can close their minds to the possibility that there may be an afterlife just based on the fact that they trust in scientific knowledge alone. Before I make a judgement like that I plan on plunging myself into my religon (I am Catholic). I want to join a religious group and understand how they believe and what drives their faith. Once I feel that I have truly understood my faith I will be legitmatly able to decide whether it is "real" or not.
I have friends who will proudly say that they do not believe in god or an afterlife. I tell them that when their perfect life bubble bursts and someone close to them passes away it will be very difficult for them to cope when they believe their loved one is in the ground and thats the end of them.
I think everyone wants to have faith but it is hard when the evidence is not physical. I think people are afraid to be disappointed or let down if it ends up not to be real..

No comments:

Post a Comment