Tuesday 26 April 2011

cupcake obsession

Why are there so many cake and cupcake shows?! Ace of Cakes, Cake Boss, Cake Wars, Challenge, Amazing Wedding Cakes, Last Cake Standing…. The recent obsession with cakes and cupcakes are a little ridiculous. I mean, I for one, love cake. And love cupcakes. I walk into any bakery I see in the city trying to discover the best place. Currently, Tonnie’s Mini and Magnolia Bakery are my two favorites in NYC. Melissa’s bite-sized cupcakes are decent, but overpriced for the tiny size. And of course, Crumbs is always a delight, though I feel that as of recent, they’ve lessened the amount of frosting stuffed into the cupcake itself.
Which makes me wonder, what’s next? What’s the next big food obsession? I’ve fancied the idea of pies, but I feel that it’s a much more niche group to impress. So not pies. Ice creams tried, with Cold Stones, but I think it fell short as yogurts dominated as a healthier choice with Pink Berry and Tasti Delights.
Maybe cookies will be the next big thing… Let me jump on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment