Saturday 30 April 2011

Kinect

I think the whole kinect thing we did in class with the movements and sound is very cool. I've haven't really heard about anyone rigging up the kinect and doing something like this. This could very well be something big in the future.

I really liked how you could control the sound with certain arm motions. It still needs to be slightly improved to say the least. Sometimes it wouldn't even pick up what some of the actors were doing. Like if you put your arms up high it should make a high pitch sound. Sometimes it wasn't making any sound. It would also be really cool if it can pick up more than one person. Maybe it can, I don't know. But, if two people can control the sound that would be interesting. Also definitely need better sounds than the ones that were being used. I know he assigned people to work on music so that should be much improved. Overall though this is something that is really cool to see and if you were to show someone this outside of class I know they would be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment