Wednesday 27 April 2011

Low Battery



As a member of the ADD generation, I can say the worst thing that can happen is your battery dying. A lot of the time my batteries die at the same time, because of my multitasking. Recently, when I was in the library with friends both my iPhone and laptop battery were dying at the same time. Now I always carry my phone charger (USB cable) with me so it shouldn’t be a big deal to charge my phone, but there’s one problem; my laptop battery is dying also and we aren’t sitting near an outlet!

Professor Baldwin said we live in the ADD generation where we’ve always had electronic devices for our entertainment. We all have been a part of this, so much that it is normal nowadays. It all started for me with video games like Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. I used to play those when I was young and the cool thing was there was no battery to die on those consoles. Then I moved on to Game Boy Color and that’s when the battery problem began. I remember I couldn’t leave the house without batteries; I had this weird carrying case that I carried extra games and batteries in.

Now that I have a Smartphone and a laptop, battery life is crucial. The difference between these devices and the older devices is the ability to multitask, which tends to drain your battery a little bit more. So listening to music, checking my bank account, and reading my e-mail on my iPhone all at the same time will kill my phone battery, and typing papers, downloading mixtapes, and checking my Facebook will kill my laptop battery. Funny thing I know this yet I’m never conscious of my battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment