Saturday 23 April 2011

procrastination

I’ve had a Word document open since last week for an assignment due when break is over and all I have is my name and the date. I was planning on writing it after class last week to get it over with so I could relax during spring break, but I have not made any progress. I’ll probably leave it to the last minute, but why? Why couldn’t I have completed the assignment early so I wouldn’t have to worry about it this weekend?

There are so many distractions keeping me from doing my work and helping me procrastinate. Facebook, Twitter, music, TV, friends, etc. are all available to me instantly and are more entertaining than the subject I have to write about. In the past, I’ve even driven the 20 minutes to campus to see if I could get my work done faster in a different environment with fewer distractions. Sometimes it works for a little while until a huge group of people start making their way to the table next to mine and talk obnoxiously loud making me lose all my concentration. Then I go straight back to texting, checking Facebook, listening to music and it’s an hour later. I guess I am waiting until the last minute to do my work because I really wanted to enjoy spring break and not have to worry about school for a week. Our spring break is extremely late compared to every other school and we are all in dire need of a break from homework and exams.

Once class is back in session, I will be able to concentrate for the remaining 3-4 weeks of the semester. Finals will be here before I know it, and I am already stressing out over how much material will be covered on one of my exams and it’s extremely important that I do well on it. Hopefully the next few weeks go by as quickly as possible and summer break will finally be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment