Tuesday 26 April 2011

no spring break for the working body

My spring break. I didn’t have one. I never thought last year’s mundane spring break would be my last one. My spring break became my spontaneous trip to Miami last month. And I keep looking back on that trip and longing to be back in that moment. Not that I loved Miami as the location; I loved the warm weather and palm trees, being surrounded by beaches and walking around in shorts and flip flops. No, it was the music festival’s experience that I miss.
The sea of people. The sheer number of bodies that can drown me, all enclosed in that park. The DJs. The lights. The music. The thumping bass. For hours on end, and continuing for three consecutive days. Interesting how certain events can have a lasting impression on someone. So what makes something memorable and life changing?

No comments:

Post a Comment