Sunday 1 May 2011

Baby Shower



I just got home from a baby shower. It was for this girl I used to work with at applebees. We were all so close a year ago! I was invited by this girl Jocelyn who also worked at applebees. Turns out nobody works there anymore. When I showed up it was all the girls I used to work with. Its crazy when you work so many hours at resturant how close you become with the people you work with. After work we would all go out together because we had the same hours and were just together all the time. On our breaks we would get lunch and on our free time we would go shopping. Once we all stopped working there and started new lives it was hard to keep in touch. Of course we never thought we would not be friends anymore but thats life. Especially for the people who continued to work there because when you work there its hard to have friends outside of applebees.
Anyway when I got the invite it was the first time I even heard that Stephanie was pregnant and that she is due this month! I couldnt believe it had been that long since I have seen them.
The party was so fun it was like nothing changed. We all talked and laughed together like we used to. They say your real friends are people who you can not see for years and the moment you get back together it was like there was no seperation at all. You know those times when you meet up with an old friend and its hard to relate to them like you used to and even to come up with things to talk about. It wasnt like that at all today. I feel so good that I got to see everyone. I hope that we will all make time to see eachother more often like we say we will because I realized how much I missed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment