Thursday 19 May 2011

Cougar Story...What Really Happened

This is what really happened, just in case you need some more ideas on how to spice up the story.


It’s a typical night at work, nothing exciting. Randomly, a lady walks up to ask me a question about a product.

Lady: Hey, do you work here?

Me: Yes, can I help you?

Lady: Yeah, I need a memory card to save pictures from my phone.

Me: Ok, those are right this way. How many gigs do you need?

Lady: Gigs? I don’t know!

Me: (laughs a little) Ok, here take 2 gigs it’s the smallest one we have.

Lady: Ok, thanks a lot!

After that she pays for the memory card and leaves. I continue to move along with my work. Since it’s Saturday night and the new sale starts on Sunday, I’ve got to take down all the old signs to prepare for tomorrow’s sale. About 15 minutes later I’m in the aisle with the memory cards, she comes back and I recognize her.

Me: Was everything Ok with the memory card?

Lady: Yes, but I have no clue how to use it and my kids won’t help me. See I’m trying to put some photos I took on my phone onto this memory card, so I can upload them to eHarmony. I’m recently divorced and looking for someone new.

Me: Ok well I can show you how to do it.

Here’s where it gets weird…She hands me her cell phone and tries to get me to look through the pictures on her phone. I decline to look through the pictures and ask her to find the one that she wants to use.

Lady: What do you think about this one? (shows me a picture of herself)

Me: (awkwardly) Yeah, that one’s nice.

Lady: Ok (cracks some joke)

We both laugh

Lady: See I’m a nice lady, you would date me wouldn’t you?

I continue to laugh, but never saying yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment