Thursday 19 May 2011

American Decameron

Figured I'd post about our little gig considering I haven't done so.

I thought it all turned out rather nicely. The theater was more or less what I imagined and the performance went smoothly. However, it was a little disappointing when we sort of "gave up" on using the Kinects. Throughout the year we talked about how they'd be implemented in the performance, with how they would project spaces and film and such, and I was reasonably excited to see them in action. I suppose that wasn't so bad that they weren't working, I suppose, I don't know the calibrations and coding and complexity behind them.
The stories were interesting, although that was what solely remained of our performance. I kind of imagined the actors would have had to pass through some form of rigorous rehearsal (although I never seen it) but they seemed to hold their own on the dark stage. All in all, it was an interesting experience, and I hope future gigs would be accompanied by more and more of the tech we discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment