Friday, 13 May 2011

Life is Beautiful

"Life is Beautiful" (1997) is Italian film about Guido Orefice, Jewish Italian, and his family.
The setting of story is Italy under the control of Nazi. Guido falls in love with Dora, school teacher, when one first sees. And they get marriage, then Giosuѐ, their son, was born. They are living peacefully. However, Italy becomes under the control of Nazi, and Guido's family was caught by Nazi as well. Giosuѐ is just a child; therefore, Guido tries to hide the fact what is happening to them, and he tells a lie for his son to give a relief.

When the movie is started, it seems like comedy. My friend told me that this movie is really touched, so I was a little confused. However, when I realized that this is sad story as the story progressed.
As I mentioned, the story is sad, but it is not only sad, also it is heartwarming tale of love.
Even the family has really hard situation, the father, Guido, never forget to sense of humor for his family.
Guido does not want his son to know about their worst situation; therefore, he keeps to tell a lie, and he tries to teach his son how the life is beautiful.
The story was really touched. I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment