Friday, 13 May 2011

Dead Poets Society

"Dead Poets Society" (1989) is film about an all-boys preparatory school. The school has so many strict rules that the student cannot fight against to the school. Even parents give too much pressure to their children to be a great person.
One day, new English teacher, John Keating comes to school, and he tries to teach what the most important to their life. At first, students feel that he is very wired teacher because he tells them that call him "O captain, My captain". and teacher Keating tells his students about "Dead Ports Society" that he was instrumental and holding session in a small cave outside school grounds. Through this activity, children start to think what they really want to do.

This story is a sad story because one of students kill himself to escape from his situation. However, through the movie, the audiences can rethink about what their life is.

Actually, when I was a middle and high school student, I had kind of similar situation. My school had lots of rules, and most of the students complained about their school life. Some students tries to quite the school, but the reason why I could stand the situation was my friends. We usually complained together, and we tried to enjoy our life because we knew that we only have one life.
This movie reminds me my school life when I was a younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment