Saturday, 14 May 2011

Third Wife

My dad married a woman whom is only nine years older than me, and seven years older than my sister, and let me also mention that she was the maid. Now before everyone thinks I’m a complete snob because of my last comment, let me clarify that I have no problem with her being the maid, but my father is one of those people that even after marrying her, believes that there is a distinction between social classes that should be respected. My main problem with their marriage is the fact that this woman has no real education and basically follows every order given to her by my father. I always wanted him to end up with a woman that would take care of him during his old age and someone who he would be able to have good conversations with, as he got older. I would have also liked someone who challenged him and didn’t always give in to him because of his stubborn and unfortunately chauvinistic at times mentality. This woman fits none of those qualities. I know I should probably just let him be, but he is my father and as difficult of a person as he is, I want the best for him. He has never been the typical father that is interested in what’s going on in his kids lives, but he has always come thru for me in the difficult situations. It saddens me to think that this is the woman that he will probably spend the rest of his life with, because he wont leave her because of his fear of being alone and she wont leave him cause he is her personal atm.

No comments:

Post a Comment