All my friends from back home are now graduating. During spring break I went to visit two of my best friends from back home, one of them goes to Villanova in Philly and the other goes to GW in DC. Although I enjoyed my spring break, it also made me realize that out of all my friends that I went to high school with, I am the only one not graduating on time. While I was here at Stony Brook I had never had a problem with the fact that I was going to be a super senior. I actually liked the idea because it meant I get to spend more time with my sorority sisters and I didn’t have to take part in the “real world” yet. But after visiting them I’ve started thinking about the fact that I’m just delaying the inevitable and that while everyone else is moving on with their lives and careers, I am just playing college student mainly cause of fear. I’m not saying that I just discovered that all my friends from high school were graduating, cause I already knew that they were on track to graduating on time, but seeing them so close to the date just made it real. And don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the fact that I get to spend another year with my sisters and I really don’t have all my requirements to graduate on time, but I’m just wondering if I’m ever going to be ready to actually leave the campus life and the security of my parents. I chose a degree that I’m not really passionate about and I still don’t really have a clue what I want to do with my life. I’m just hoping that I figure things out in this additional year that I tagged on to my education.
No comments:
Post a Comment