This past Wednesday, we took on the task of taking a practice run for the gig at the tank. Overall, it went great. All semester long,, we were all in a sort of fog. Professor Baldwin kept telling us to just keep plugging away but we still weren’t sure what use it was going to serve. I can happily say that this practice run cleared many questions up. It is all making sense and im excited to see what the Tank has in store for us.
On Wednesday during the test run, I took some pictures and thought about some ideas and comments I had for the performance. The above picture is the setup we’re going to use to seat the performers on stage. It consists of two rows of chairs, each lined with approximately 10 chairs, and a performance space in the middle. In the middle, we have two Kinects that are going to be used by the performers to manipulate space. The professor will stand on either side of the stage and direct the flow of performances.
What I particularly like about this setup is the space it leaves open to act. It allows the audience to see the performers even through they are not all performing at that time. I think we need to make some changes in accordance with the Kinect. As the actors were performing, they seemed to wander away from the camera, which meant that they were not manipulating space. To fix it, we can place the cameras closer to each other so that it leaves a bigger space that they have to work with. We can also place a piece of tape down on the floor so that they actor can easily look down for guidance.
No comments:
Post a Comment