
A couple of nights ago I did one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my life. After a formal dance, I allowed my under aged, intoxicated date to drive us back to the hotel. I’m sure you all already think I’m a dumbass and I don’t blame you. Everything was surprisingly going pretty well until we got lost for about an hour. In frustration, my date started speeding on the highway, while ignoring the protest of the other three people in the car. You can probably guess what happened next. A cop pulled us over and after a few minutes they asked him to step out of the car to take a Breathalyzer test. Shortly after that, they took him away in handcuffs and I almost broke out into tears. To a certain extent I felt responsible because I felt I should’ve probably demanded that we take a cab and also because I was the one that had invited him to the activity. He spend the next few days in jail and I spent them awake because every time I closed my eyes I dreamt of him in jail. What scares me the most of this situation is the fact that it could’ve been a lot worse. He hit .19 on the Breathalyzer and was going 99 on the highway, and the kicker is that I wasn’t even wearing a seatbelt. So literally if things had gone worse, I would probably be six feet under right about now.
No comments:
Post a Comment